Precise, personal, and purposeful custom art for you and your community
Commissions with an impact
Jenie Gao Studio is an anti-gentrification arts business. But what does this mean in practice?
It means understanding the cultural context that we’re creating work within and planning for the full lifespan of the art we introduce into the community.
If you believe in the earnest work that creates long-term, sustainable movements, then let’s start our conversation here. But if you’re looking for a quick and fast muralist / artist to capitalize on the trends of a social moment, then Jenie Gao Studio is not for you.
You’ve come to me because you believe in the power of art to inspire, catalyze, and lead a moment into a movement. That’s wonderful. Let’s work together to align your symbolic ideals with real, systemic change.
Ready to Work Together?
Email email@example.com with a summary of your project, organization (if representing one), timeline, dimensions (for murals / large paintings), and budget.
Every new project starts with a free 30-minute consultation and a quote. Quotes always have at least two options to cater to your unique needs.
- Murals designed to last 30+ years
- Precisely crafted large-scale artworks with archival materials
- Social and civic practice projects that center community participants' and artists' wellbeing
- Ethics in community engagement and research
- Storytelling, interviews, and oral histories
- Bespoke illustrations for your initiative
- High quality, archival giclee prints, including recommendations for the best quality materials and products to bring your project to life
- Consulting on equitable best practices to support incorporating art into your mission
Questions We Start With:
- What purpose does this serve for your organization?
- What purpose does this serve for the people in your community?
- What is the lifespan of this work in the community, and its potential impact on community wellbeing?
- Does your project create any generative, economic opportunities? Is this a goal we can help you with?
- Murals start at $10,000 USD
- Large paintings (3 x 4 ft) start at $5,000 USD
- Illustrations (commercial / promotional use) start at $5,000 USD
- Illustrations (personal use, no licensing needs) start at $2,000 USD
" Jenie Gao is an amazing artist and compassionate person. She turned my home and dream into a daily inspiration. I hope more organizations and businesses see the positive role they can play in bringing art, creativity and innovation into our community." - Mary Burke, client and CEO of Building Brave
" Jenie has wonderful vision and a creative process that allowed me to express my ideas and her to transform them into a beautiful custom piece of artwork. Her passionate approach coupled with her direct communication made the entire experience not only seamless, but incredibly enjoyable. It's rare to find anyone in business looking down the road to ensure this is not just a transaction but a long-term relationship where you feel welcomed to contact her to do more work or simply discuss how best to use/promote it. I'd give 6 stars if I could." - Katie Bast, client and realtor at Katie Bast Realtor